The Systemic Change Team has the authority to:
- Develop relationships and partnerships with organizations promoting social justice
- Educate the congregation about social justice issues, opportunities, and events through a variety of printed, electronic, and/or verbal communication
- Present opportunities to the congregation for involvement in social justice issues.
The Systemic Change Team has the authority to recommend appropriate expenditures of the annual income earned from the Ardith Kerst Social Action Endowment.
The Systemic Change Team has the authority to work in cooperation with the Compassionate Service Team as needed for joint projects or for coordinating the Share the Plate Schedule.
- Develop and maintain a Master List of activities, duties, timelines, tasks, formats, etc. for which the Systemic Change Team is specifically responsible.
- Maintain a relationship with and provide a monthly update to the team’s Board Liaison.
- Develop and submit a proposed budget for the team as part of the annual church budgeting process.
- Submit a report on the team’s activities for inclusion in the UUCNH annual report to the congregation.
- Suggest recipients for “Share the Plate” in coordination with the Compassionate Service Team.