Stewardship is connected to and underpins everything in our Unitarian Universalist Church of the North Hills (UUCNH) mission, since money supports maintaining a building, compensating staff, and paying for programming.
The Stewardship Committee is charged with conducting the annual and on-going stewardship campaign to obtain congregants’ financial commitments. It also is charged with educating the church about the need for financial support, pledged income, and planned giving. The Stewardship Committee will solicit pledges from new members throughout the church year.
The Stewardship Committee determines and implements the format of the stewardship campaign, (e.g., one to one, small group, or Celebration Sunday), in consultation with the Minister, the UUA, and other fundraising experts. The Committee is also permitted to access the church database in order to reach all members and friends.
The Stewardship Committee is not responsible for the actual collection of the monies pledged; that is the duty of the Treasurer. However, the Committee may assist the Treasurer in an advisory capacity, including follow-up on lagging pledges.
The Stewardship Committee will consult with the Connections Team as needed.
- Develop and maintain a Master List of activities, duties, timelines, tasks, formats, etc. for which the Stewardship Committee is specifically responsible.
- Maintain a relationship with and provide a monthly update to the committee’s Board Liaison.
- Develop and submit a proposed budget for the committee as part of the annual church budgeting process.
- Submit a report on the committee’s activities for inclusion in the UUCNH annual report to the congregation.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.