At UUCNH, we are all skeptical people that did our research before we even walked into the door at our church. Today people looking for churches use the Internet to find a place to try out. We have invested time and money in our new website, but that is only useful if people looking for a church to come to the site. We need your help to get people to go to our site and our church.
Leave UUCNH a Google Review
We are in the middle of our pledge campaign right now. Why not spend a small amount of your time to help bring new members to our church. If you have a great story to tell about your experience, tell others about it. In your review, try to pull out a few of the following:
- Tell us about a problem that you were struggling with before you found our church
- Explain the transformation that occurred for you when you joined
- Speak to any challenges that the church has helped you overcome
Here is an example of a review. It is one that I would post if I was not an admin for our Google Account.
Before I started attending UUCNH, I found that I was surrounded by people in the church that I was attending that did not hold the same progessive and eco-friendly views that my spouse and I hold. And, I found I had to skip words in the creeds or prayers that were being offered because I did not beleive them.
UUCNH has transformed my spirtual life and has met my deep need for community. I am surrounded by people that respect my views even when they do not agree with my views. And since there is no ‘creed’ that we have to say each week, I am able to fully participate in the service. Most importantly, the members are there for us, especaully when battling cancer or a pandemic. This has been really important in these last two two years where many of us feel isolated and alone.
If you are still stuck, ask yourself these seven questions:
- What problem were you struggling with before you started to worship with us?
- What was it costing you in terms of time, money, happiness, health, relationships, opportunities, influence, or reputation? Are there any other areas in which it was holding you back?
- What was your favorite thing about attending UUCNH?
- Was there something we offered you that the other churches you tried did not?
- How long did it take for you to start noticing a difference?
- What changes and results have you gotten by being a member with us?
- What effects have those changes had on your life?