The Personnel Committee (PC) is charged with developing and maintaining a system and procedures for evaluating the staff of the Unitarian Universalist Church of the North Hills (UUCNH). The PC is also charged with making recommendations to the Board of Trustees (BOT) for compensation and benefits for the staff. The Committee is to consist of 3 members agreed to by the BOT.
The Personnel Committee has the authority to develop a system for determining compensation, including benefits for the staff of UUCNH. The system will include guidelines for: the evaluation of personnel, differentiating between the Minister and the other staff of the church, determining fair and equitable compensation, coordination with the budgeting process and approval processes for compensation, including BOT approval.
The PC will have the prime responsibility for negotiating with the Minister on the Minister’s compensation package. It should also have responsibility for working with the Minister on recommendations for compensation for the other staff members of the Church, including the DLFD, the Music Director, office staff, and any other personnel. The Bellwood director and teachers are included in the scope and practices must conform to the Declaration of Understanding Concerning Bellwood Preschool and Kindergarten, dated 10/7/13. The system will include specific procedures for involving the appropriate constituencies, including the Finance Committee, the Board and Minister, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain a Master List of activities, duties, timelines, tasks, formats, etc. for which the Personnel Committee is specifically responsible.
- Provide updates to the Board of Trustees as needed.
- Facilitate labor law compliance, including through preparing and maintaining a personnel policy manual.
- Coordinate with the annual church budgeting process.
- Submit a report on the committee’s activities for inclusion in the UUCNH Annual Report to the congregation.
- Maintain confidentiality involving personnel matters at all times.