The Fundraising Committee is charged with generating revenue for the Unitarian Universalist Church of the North Hills (UUCNH) on an annual basis. Fundraising will devise plans, in a timely manner, that help to promote the church and its mission, and to draw proceeds from outside of the organization.
Fundraising can be done through the efforts of an individual, team, or an ad hoc group. It will propose a plan, or plans, for raising funds that must be submitted in accordance with the UUCNH fundraising policy. Funds which are generated are separate from those raised by the annual pledge drive, any proceeds raised by the Craft Group and proceeds through the sale of the grocery gift cards. This group falls under the Board according to Partnership Governance.
The Fundraising Chair will turn over all proceeds and receipts to the Church Treasurer.
- Develop and maintain a Master List of activities, duties, timelines, tasks, formats, etc., for which the Fundraising Team is specifically responsible.
- Maintain a relationship with and provide a monthly update to the team’s Board Liaison.
- Develop and submit a proposed budget (for both revenue and expense) for the team as part of the annual church budgeting process.
- Submit a report on the team’s activities for inclusion in the UUCNH annual report to the congregation.
- Schedule fundraising events and recruit the necessary volunteers.