In responding to injustice and inequality in our world, the Compassionate Service Team is charged with supporting, creating, coordinating, organizing, and implementing various direct service projects for the Unitarian Universalist Church of the North Hills (UUCNH).
The Compassionate Service Team will have the authority to:
- Create, organize, coordinate, and implement a yearly calendar of direct service projects.
- Create a yearly calendar of “Share the Plate” organizations for donations, in coordination with the Systemic Change Team and for approval by the Board.
- Review and approve/disapprove requests for other direct service and fundraising projects from the congregation which fall under their jurisdiction as noted by church policy.
- Maintain, sustain, and strengthen ongoing projects.
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with our service partners.
- Develop and maintain a Master List of activities, duties, timelines, tasks, formats, etc. for which the Compassionate Service Team is specifically responsible.
- Maintain a relationship with and provide a monthly update to the team’s Board Liaison.
- Develop and submit a proposed budget for the team as part of the annual church budgeting process.
- Submit a report on the team’s activities for inclusion in the UUCNH annual report to the congregation.
- Suggest recipients for “Share the Plate” in coordination with the Systemic Change Team.
- Educate the congregation about direct service opportunities, events, and projects through a variety of printed, electronic, and/or verbal communication.
- Provide a variety of degrees of involvement for the congregation to engage in direct service activities.