The Caring Team is charged with supporting the mission of the Unitarian Universalist Church of the North Hills (UUCNH) to be a loving religious community by facilitating and fostering a caring atmosphere among all friends and members, helping our community share times of joy, and providing assistance through times of need.
The Caring Team has the authority to develop procedures related to its charge that are in accordance with UUCNH Bylaws and policies. The Caring Team has the authority to make decisions about the level of assistance to be offered to the referrals received (e.g., number of days to offer meals to families in need, greeting cards to be sent, etc.). The Caring Team has the authority to recruit volunteers to be providers of assistance. The Caring Team will maintain ongoing and open communication with the Minister and the Pastoral Care Team.
- Develop and maintain a Master List of activities, duties, timelines, tasks, formats, etc. for which the Caring Team is specifically responsible.
- Maintain a relationship with and provide updates as necessary to the team’s Board Liaison.
- Develop and submit a proposed budget for the team as part of the annual church budgeting process.
- Submit a report on the team’s activities for inclusion in the UUCNH annual report to the congregation.
- Provide meals, transportation, and other means of assistance for congregants in need and/or experiencing major life events and changes.