The Unitarian Universalist Church of the North Hills is seeking an Administrator for our Children and Youth program in collaboration with our volunteer team. This is a support role.
- Organizational abilities
- Communication skills
- Ease and proficiency using technology
- Ability to prioritize independently to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work with a team to provide program oversight
- Reviewing and editing classroom lessons as needed from a supplied curriculum.
- Keeping stock of supplies and purchasing when necessary.
- Setting up classrooms for Sunday mornings by printing out lesson plans and making sure each room has the necessary supplies.
- Reorganizing the classrooms following the instruction time.
- Maintaining an online lesson and volunteer schedule for the program year (Sept – May).
- Regular communication with volunteer teachers including, but not limited to, sending lesson plans to scheduled volunteers on a weekly basis.
- Tracking program expenses & submitting a monthly credit card reconciliation as well as approving and submitting reimbursement forms.
- Submitting timesheets for childcare providers.
- Tracking program attendance & submitting attendance report annually.
- Tracking and maintaining database of necessary clearances for program volunteers.
- Sending a weekly email to families to inform them of upcoming lessons and events.
- Creating and printing copies of the annual program prospectus.
- Greeting new and returning families as they arrive on Sunday morning and answering any questions they may have regarding the program.
- Meeting with the volunteer program team and supervisor regularly.
- Other duties as assigned.
The applicant should:
- Be an adult 25 years of age or older, with documented experience working with preschool and school-aged children OR a strong administrative background.
- Pass FBI and criminal background checks and Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Certification (CY113) as required, CPR certification preferred (paid by employer).
- Be available to work most Sundays. with some evenings and special events as needed.
This position has an opportunity for expanded hours in the future as the program grows.
This position is open until filled.
The Coordinator reports to the minister and works in close association with the lay leadership