Unitarian Universalist Church of the North Hills (UUCNH)
Director of Lifespan Faith Development
A full-time Director of Lifespan Faith Development to:
- Provide professional leadership for our Lifespan Faith Development Program.
- Help shape a new professional ministry team at UUCNH.
Who are we?
- A healthy and energetic, mid-sized congregation (200+) in suburban Pittsburgh.
- A congregation with engaged teams for both Adult
and Children and Youth Faith Development.
- A membership that values continuing religious education for all ages (children, youth, and adults).
What qualifications are we looking for?
- Knowledge of and commitment to Unitarian Universalism principles.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, initiative, communication, and flexibility in effectively serving children, youth, and adult congregants.
- Technological proficiency.
What are the DLFD’s responsibilities?
- Work collaboratively with the Minister to implement the mission and vision of the Congregation.
- Provide leadership for the Children and Youth Faith Development and Adult Faith Development programs, as well as ministries to families, incorporating anti-racist and anti-oppression approaches in all program areas.
- Work with the Children and Youth Faith Development Team to recruit volunteers and provide Sunday morning classes, summer programs, lifespan sexuality education, Coming of Age program, and Families Group activities.
- Work with the Adult Faith Development Team to support existing—and provide new—offerings to meet the spiritual needs of the congregation. Young Adult Ministry, in particular, is an evolving priority.
- Collaborate with congregational leaders in planning and leading Sunday morning and holiday multigenerational worship, celebrations, and rites of passage events.
Where can I get more information?
- Please see our full job description at https://uucnh-dlfdsearch.weebly.com.